Effective Date: 28 July 2014
Our Commitment to Privacy: Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect: This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Helping a Hero website. On our website, you can register for our newsletter, download an application to apply for our program, make donations, and sign up for events. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Credit Card Information
The Way We Use Information:
- We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- We use the information you provide about a veteran when completing an application during the evaluation and acceptance process. We do not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to evaluate the veteran.
- We offer the ability to make online donations. Information provided for donations is only used for that purpose and is not disclosed to anyone outside the organization other than to the extent necessary to complete the transaction.
- We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
- You can register with our website if you would like to receive our newsletter. Information you submit on our website will not be used for any other purpose.
- We periodically evaluate our website in order better design it and ensure it meets our users’ needs. This evaluation includes items like page(s) visited, items downloaded, and browser information. We do not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
- Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment to Data Security: To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy: Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Information: You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by emailing email@example.com. We will provide all information gathered and communicate with originator by email, after we verify identity of requestor and validity of request. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at 832-649-3445 or send us an email at email@example.com.